This month's meeting will be a technical overview of PMD.
This utility scans Java source code and looks for potential problems such as:
Developers can write their own custom rules by extending the built-in API class,
- empty try/catch/finally/switch blocks.
- unused local variables, parameters and private methods.
- empty if/while statements.
- overcomplicated expressions unnecessary if statements, for loops that could be while loops.
- classes with high Cyclomatic Complexity measurements.
PMD has plugins for JDeveloper, Eclipse, JEdit, JBuilder, Omnicore's CodeGuide, NetBeans/Sun ONE Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, TextPad, Maven, Ant, Gel, and Emacs.